FORUM & COURSE ACCESS FAQs (updated 5/3/18)

Forums WELCOME TO DEEPER STATE KETO FORUM & COURSE ACCESS FAQs (updated 5/3/18)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 55 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  judylove 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Lauren
    Participant

FORUM & COURSE ACCESS FAQs
    (Frequently Asked Questions)

Hi Everyone! As I was recently added to the KetoConnect family as their new Social Media and Community Manager, I am your moderator here at the DSK forums! 🙂 I am so happy to be here to keep this community a wonderful and positive place for all! You can also consider me your personal cheerleader, because I am rooting for all of you!

I have noticed that many of us, including myself, had questions regarding how the forums work, so I have created this FAQ to make it easier for you!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q. HELP!! I can’t access the courses even though I paid!!!!
    A. Follow these instructions:
    – Log in to your account.
    – Go to https://deeperstateketo.com/course/deeper-state-keto/
    – Bookmark this link for easy access in the future

ANOTHER OPTION:
    I’ve also found another way to access the courses even when it looks like you haven’t purchased them.
    – Log into your account
    – Click “Courses” at the top of the page.
    – It will load a page that looks like the above image.
    – It will look like you haven’t paid at all, even though you have.
    – Click on “Deeper State Keto” – There is an arrow drawn to it in the above image.
    – Now your course list will show up.

Q. How do I change my profile picture?
    – Go to https://deeperstateketo.com/members/lauren/ Instead of “lauren”, you will want to put YOUR login ID.
    – Click on the “Profile” tab.
    – Click “Change Profile Picture”.
    – Follow the instructions from there.

Q. How do I change my name?
    A. You will NOT be able to change your login ID. However, you CAN change the display name that shows up beside your posts.
    – Go to https://deeperstateketo.com/members/lauren/ Instead of “lauren”, you will want to put YOUR login ID.
    – Click on the “Profile” tab.
    – Click “edit”.
    – Type what you want your display name to be. This will only change the name that shows up beside your posts, not your login ID.
    – Click “Save Changes”.

Q. How do I tag someone in a comment or post so they can be notified?
    A. In the previous question, I established that your DISPLAY name and your LOGIN ID are two separate things. If you haven’t changed your display name yet, it will be the same as your login ID.
    – If you want to tag someone in a post, just type @_______ with the blank being their LOGIN ID, not their display name.

Q. Where do I find a user’s login ID/@ name?
    A. You can find out their login ID by clicking their picture or name on any post or comment they have made which will take you to their profile. Beside their picture, you will see their login ID.
    Login ID

Q. How do I know if someone has tagged me in a post or comment? Where do I find my notifications?
    – Click on the “Notifications” tab.

Q. How do I change my email?
    – Click on the “Settings” tab.
    – Click “General”.
    – Change what is listed beside “Account Email”.
    – This ONLY changes the email associated with this community, NOT the email you purchased the DSK plan with. The email you used to purchase the DSK plan is the email where you will receive DSK plan specific emails. The email tied to this community will update you when you have replies to your comments or anything that happens in the forums.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will update this FAQ with new questions and answers as they come up! If you have any questions, please reply to THIS post with them.

If you need me to moderate anything (spam posts, negativity, etc.) or to help clarify any information, type @lauren and I will be notified! Thanks and good luck!

UPDATE AS OF 04/23/2017

Hi everyone!

I am overwhelmed with questions at this moment and I hope to help you all as much as I possibly can right now. I need to remind everyone that I am simply a moderator with no powers beyond that which means that I can ban trolls, move posts to the appropriate forum, etc. I can help foster a community.

I can not help with technical issues. Those TECHNICAL issues regarding your account need to be emailed to deeperstateketo@gmail.com and they WILL be addressed. I promise.

If you have issues working through the program and how the program works, those can be helped on this forum.

Please be patient with me as I work through all of your questions and help where I am able.

Thanks!
    Lauren

————————————————————————

Follow my keto progress on Instagram @losing.with.lauren
    https://www.instagram.com/losing.with.lauren/

Mattinketo
    Participant

YOURID link resulted in a 404 page not found error page

Mattinketo
    Participant

but by making this post and then clicking my empty picture above my name was able to get to the profile>edit page.

pdudkiewicz
    Participant

Hello Lauren,
    Will everyone be starting at 1700 calories during this program and then slowly reduce?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  pdudkiewicz.

foodie
    Participant

Welcome @lauren!!

Blondie
    Participant

Post for profile edit

Lauren
    Participant

Good morning, @matthamilton8! That link DOES work because you are replacing the “YOURID” part with your ID. So, for you, it is https://deeperstateketo.com/members/matthamilton8/ Thanks!

Hello @pdudkiewicz! This thread is for questions about the forum. The best place for that question would be in the Deeper State Q&A part of the forum which is located at https://deeperstateketo.com/forums/forum/deeper-state-forum/ Also, I’m not quite sure of the answer yet, but they should be able to help you in there.

@michelle-stafford72 – Good morning! Was there something that I could help you with?

@foodie – Thank you! Welcome to the program!

booette
    Participant

Thanks Lauren, and welcome!

Arv
    Participant

Sorry how do we change our name? that link does appear to be working 🙁

Lauren
    Participant

@arvy-buttar

Hello!
    The instructions say “– Go to https://deeperstateketo.com/members/YOURID/ Instead of “YOURID”, you will want to put your login ID. ”
    So, for YOU, the link would be https://deeperstateketo.com/members/arvy-buttar/ (Because you are supposed to remove the “YOURID” and replace it with your ID.)

This seems to be a common misconception, so thank you for asking as I hope it will help future people figure it out!

Thanks!

mjcass2
    Participant

I see some of the courses are loaded and require a password. What I thought was my password isn’t working. How can I reset my password?

Lauren
    Participant

Hi @mjcass2 – Everything will be unlocked for you on the 23rd. The program has not yet been released.

Thanks!

Keto_Greg
    Participant

Hello,

I bought this course for my son and paid with my paypal account. My email address was automatically set as the login email and from what I read on the forum it can’t be changed. Is this correct? I hate that I will have to forward all your emails to him. There should be a way to purchase this as a gift.

Lauren
    Participant

Hi Keto_Greg / @marsha-whitmer!
    I can get this handled for you!
    Will you email me at lauren@ketoconnect.net? Let me know your son’s email address and I’ll take care of the rest!

Thanks!

Note: Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be a moderator of the DSK forums and I am here to keep this community a wonderful and positive place for all.
    If you need me to moderate anything (spam posts, negativity, etc.) or to help clarify any information, you can type @lauren and I will be notified!
    If you have any questions regarding how to use this forum, please see our FAQs here: https://deeperstateketo.com/forums/topic/forum-faqs/
    Thanks and good luck, everyone!

maliksmom2000
    Participant

Questions:
    *Does the 90 day challenge come with an actual eating plan? I was confused by the video.

*There a new “Nutrition Coaching” offer ($200) on the site now. I understood from the promotional video that this program would teach us how to zero in on our individual macros. Am I incorrect?

maliksmom2000
      Participant

Disregard my first question. I was able to find the answer!

kellycs3
      Participant

@maliksmom2000 The 90 day challenge eating plan is what fits inside of your macros that are determined by the numbers that you get out of the spreadsheet. There is not an extra charge for this. Were you able to find the spreadsheet?

Lauren
    Participant

@maliksmom2000 This program will definitely cater exactly to your specific macros and will evolve as you do! Once you see the spreadsheets, you will see what I mean! It’s amazing.

——————————————————————————————-

Note: Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be a moderator of the DSK forums and I am here to keep this community a wonderful and positive place for all.
    If you need me to moderate anything (spam posts, negativity, etc.) or to help clarify any information, you can type @lauren and I will be notified!
    If you have any questions regarding how to use this forum, please see our FAQs here: https://deeperstateketo.com/forums/topic/forum-faqs/
    Thanks and good luck, everyone!

lidija1
    Participant

@lauren – confused on how the program is going to work. not much pre-guidance being provided. no communication since i signed up.
    If the program starts Monday shouldn’t we get the information we need before Monday?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  lidija1.

Tracy Harding
    Participant

I paid my $147 but my account here on this website does not reflect this. Who do I contact about this? The course starts Monday…and I don’t feel like I have a contact for these type of matters.

judylove

Thanks Lauren!! Great job explaining all the FAQ setup technicals!

Arv
    Participant

@lauren – hi. can you confirm my email has been updated. I’m not sure if theres emails i’m missing now that i updated my email on account.

thanks in advance.

Erinthehairqueen
    Participant

Where is the “profile” tab.. nothing i click on is letting me set up a picture.

kellycs3
      Participant

@erinthehairqueen your profile tab by:

1. Scrolling to the bottom of any page in the course
      2. Click on My Account
      3. Account Details

If this doesn’t work please feel free to message me so I can help.

AMMOChief
    Participant

The course is downloading the speadsheet as a PDF…shouldn’t it be an xls? I’ve downloaded it, but can’t make any changes. Thanks!

kellycs3
      Participant

@clintopolis What web browser are you using to open the spreadsheet? I would recommend opening it in google chrome.

1. Click on the Spreadsheet Tab
      2. Click on the Download a Local Copy
      3. If you are are in google chrome it should open up the spread sheet on google sheets
      4. Click on File in the top right of the spreadsheet
      5. Click on Make a copy
      6. This will then open up the spreadsheet in another tab and that is where you will be able to start making edits to it.

Let me know if this doesn’t work 🙂

MsPecot
    Participant

I am having trouble downloading a editable version of the spreadsheet. I have a mac. Thank you.

kellycs3
      Participant

@mspecot you may be skipping the step of making a copy of the spreadsheet before trying to enter numbers. Also, try to open up the course on google chrome. If you have already tried these things, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help. 🙂

MEMESBUB
    Participant

I am having the same problem downloading the spreadsheet on my iPad Pro. I have downloaded the proper google apps but can’t get the file downloaded. Thank you for your help.

AMMOChief
    Participant

Found the secret… open on PC, not your phone or tablet. It will then allow you to save it as Excel and be able to input your information…

drobin20
    Participant

So I can’t use the spreadsheet on an iPad? I have to have a PC? Would someone from upper management address the system requirements for this course?????

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  drobin20.

justjenn1112
    Participant

I’m trying to use the Keto Macro Calculator and unable to edit my Protein (since my carbs are over 10, I need to take the overage and add it to my protein). It won’t let me do that and I think I need to do it within the calculator to have it automatically fill in all of my data on the spreadsheet.

Please let me know what I’m missing.

Thanks ~ Jenn

Kevcon80
    Participant

@lauren,

I sent you an email (lauren@ketoconnect.net), but figured that this was the best place to reach you. I have been billed for the course but I haven’t received any confirmation or welcome emails and can’t log in. Could you please respond to my email from kevcon80@gmail.com? I’d be happy to go over any confirmation you need to give me access to the course. Thanks and very much looking forward to your response.

kellycs3
      Participant

@Kevcon that is going to be something for Matt, Megha, or Robert to answer. I would say email them to be able to get a more accurate answer. Just understand that they will respond as soon as they can. 🙂

For the time being you can still use the calculator on Robert’s website to figure out your initial calorie intake is and what percentages to use in the Induction phase. Just be sure to add any carbs over 10 to your protein. (i.e. if your carbs are 26 g then you would add 16 of that to your protein)

Lauren
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I am overwhelmed with questions at this moment and I hope to help you all as much as I possibly can right now. I need to remind everyone that I am simply a moderator with no powers beyond that which means that I can ban trolls, move posts to the appropriate forum, etc. I can help foster a community.

I can not help with technical issues. Those TECHNICAL issues regarding your account need to be emailed to deeperstateketo@gmail.com and they WILL be addressed. I promise.

If you have issues working through the program and how the program works, those can be helped on this forum.

Please be patient with me as I work through all of your questions and help where I am able.

Thanks!
    Lauren

Lauren
    Participant

Hi everyone. Regarding the spreadsheet issues. This is the best way that I’ve found to edit your own. I have also updated the DSK HELP FILE with this information –

DOWNLOADING THE SPREADSHEET

You can download the spreadsheet locally from the link provided to you earlier. You may download a copy to use in Excel or you can use Google Docs.

STEPS

1) Have a Google account. Sign into it.
    2) Access the Deeper State Keto spreadsheet from the link provided earlier.
    3) Click “File”
    4) Click “Make a Copy”
    5) There will be a popup that says “Copy document” with the name “Copy of the Deeper State Master Spreadsheet” and the folder listed as “My Drive”. Do NOT change anything. Click “OK”.
    6) A new tab will open in your browser with the copied version. YOU CAN EDIT THIS VERSION. This is private to you and saved on your google account.
    7) You can also access that spreadsheet by being signed into your Google account and navigating to http://sheets.google.com – There you will see a file that says “Copy of the Deeper State Master Spreadsheet”
    8) There is no need to save any changes you make to this spreadsheet. Google saves all changes automatically.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lauren.

kellycs3
    Participant

@justjenn1112 Make sure that you are making these adjustments on the Title Page not in the actual spreadsheet.
    @drobin20 you should be able to access the spreadsheet through google sheets on any laptop, PC, phone, or tablet.

If you all need any further help don’t hesitate to ask. 🙂

stevejendoucette
    Participant

Good morning! My fasting blood sugars have been anywhere from 90-105 while on dsk. Anyone else having this issue? My macros are spot on…… I was keto over 6 months before starting dsk, also, my ketone levels are all over the map. 0.3-3.5 testing at the same time every day and eating the same thing everyday.

kimrichards
    Participant

I actually purchased the one month nutrition coaching. It seems I’ve been given the 90 day program instead?

raraavisberlin
    Participant

@ stevejendoucette
    Jepp, my morning blood sugar is pretty extreme. Never had any issues before keto (definitely not prediabetic or anything), since then (8 months now) I‘ve often measured around 90-100…today I woke up with a whopping 120.
    With a 1.5 for ketones, mind you.
    I do feel great though. Nice and warm and wide awake, while before I was often groggy and cold in the morning.
    When I measured before dinner, I was at a 110 and 2.7
    Not what I would have expected either. I had bulletproof coffee in the morning, did a hard workout, ate lunch (meatballs and 2/3 cup fermented veggies…about 5g carbs)…walked for a good two hours in the afternoon…no idea why my blood sugar was up.
    I do eat between 15-20g carbs/day (I’m worried about getting sufficient micronutrients otherwise…I have a higher demand due to my very active lifestyle) but that can hardly be the reason.
    I‘ve also already lost 3 pounds…(at 2000kcal/day), much more than I was aiming for. I was supposed to start at 1800kcal, but didn’t want to stress my body too much/risk muscle loss.
    So the high bloodsugar does not seem to hinder my body from burning fat.

How are you doing in terms of weightloss? As long as that is going well, I wouldn’t worry.

It’s not that unusual, btw. It’s called the ‚dawn effect‘. The body releases cortisol in preparation for waking and that mobilizes glycogen to raise blood sugar. Some people become borderline ‚insulin-resistant‘ on keto though, since their body is now so used to burning fat instead of glucose. That means the glucose, which would otherwise be used up quickly by your muscles and brain upon raising remains in the blood much longer.
    It‘s supposed to be a harmless side effect of keto which would reverse itself if you were to eat carbs again for a couple of days.
    Still, I hope mine doesn’t go any higher than this!

melboisseau
    Participant

Hi not sure if this has been asked but for each week the spreadsheet says refer to phase 1 video, what is that referring to? I just see the Keto connect vlogs but there’s just the 1 for phase 1. Thanks! @lauren

Lauren
    Participant

@kimrichards – Hey! You may want to submit this question to @keto-savage at deeperstateketo@gmail.com – Thanks! Let me know if you don’t hear back in a couple days!

————————————————————————

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lauren.

Lauren
    Participant

@melboisseau – Hey! It is probably referencing the courses listed on this page: https://deeperstateketo.com/course/deeper-state-keto/ The phase 1 video could be either https://deeperstateketo.com/lesson/phase-1-overview/ or https://deeperstateketo.com/lesson/using-the-spreadsheet-phase-1/

I hope that helps!

————————————————————————

cmoon2711
    Participant

@lauren quick question. When they say 10 total carbs does that count fiber? I am so used to using net carbs as my measurement so I am curious why they keep saying 10 total carbs… that would eliminate a lot of the fiber and fat rich foods i like, such as flax, chia, avocado, etc. can you please confirm what 10 total carbs means? Thanks!

maliksmom2000
    Participant

@lauern it is total carbs not net. A bit more challenging but certainly doable.

judylove

@cmoon2711 Yes! It is total carbs, not net. Total carbs is total carbs, no net. Also, Robert is not counting the carbs in eggs (unless you are eating 20 or something!!:):) As eggs have less than 1 carb, so if you are just having 1 egg, don’t count 1 carb in your total 10 carbs. Hope that helps!! :):)

cmoon2711
      Participant

Thank you for the responses. That makes things a helluva lot trickier. I got this though, all good!

judylove

@cmoon2711 If you ever need help, just write back, & we’ll do our best to help you in any way!! We are all in this together!! :):):)

Lauren
    Participant

@judylove – Thank you SO MUCH for your help! You are killing it!

judylove

@lauren & @maxhavoc I THANK-YOU BOTH TOO!!! You are both terrific & everyone in DSK is better off for the great guidance you are giving!! We are all in this together & I’m grateful to be with you all on this!!.:):):):)

Lauren
    Participant

@judylove – Thank you!! Good luck on everything!

crisa.kessling
    Participant

Is it ok to take ibuprofen on Deeper State or in ketosis in general?? I thought I heard to stay away from it? Just don’t want it to mess up my result?
    Thank u in advance for any response.

Lauren
    Participant

Hi @crisa-kessling! You probably didn’t get a response earlier because this thread is just for questions about the forums. However, I think it’s totally fine to take Ibuprofen. Good luck!

judylove

@crisa.kessling IMO, If you’re tolerating the ibuprofen and its just episodic use, you’re probably fine. If you’re worried about the ibuprofen causing a stall or other negative effects in your progress, I’d recommend keeping track of things, so you can adjust things accordingly. Bottom line, don’t take too much, don’t take it too often, and keep an eye on your progress. If ibuprofen is the only variable that has changed and your progress stalls, then ditch it and see how it goes. Hang in there!!:):):)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  judylove.

bergerhthrb7
    Participant

\For future reference do we track the carbs in miracle rice or not? I am not using now but a month down the road I’m sure I will be. Thank you

judylove

@bergerhthrb7 The Miracle Rice carbs can be treated a little differently than most carbs since it’s all an insoluble fiber and is basically 97% water by weight. We eat them and they literally just run right through us. However, I take to heart what Robert said that there is nothing free. IMO, even if I were to eat them, I would count it all. I use MFP tracker, and there are carbs in them when you get higher in the number of ounces consumed, so I’d count them.

I was eating a lot of miracle noodles before DSK, cause I was being Diane dieter, & eating way too few calories. We’re supposed to be saving these hacks of Miracle Rice/noodles. walden farms syrups, etc, so we don’t become dependent on them this early. Then when we really need them later in the course – late in phase 2, they are there and can help us with hunger/cravings.

I hope this helps!! :):):)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.